Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Follow-Up!

Welp, I had my follow up appointment today! I officially tore my ACL, with a possible meniscus tear. Probably just ACL though. My doctor complimented me on a job well done in regards to tearing my ACL. Clean through baby! If I'm gonna do something, best do it all out, right?

I am scheduled to get surgery on the 14th, a week from tomorrow. My parents are going to come out! My mom will stay with me for a couple weeks, for which I am so grateful! No one can nurse you back to health quite like your mommy can. :)

My doc wants me to have a full range of motion before I get surgery. This means he wants me to be out of my brace and walking without crutches in a week! Challenge accepted. Sorry classmates whom I will confuse greatly with this gradual removal of brace and crutches, and then the return to both. It's fine, it really is.

I have been awkwardly walking around my apartment without crutches already, and I'm pretty sure I look like a dinosaur or a duck. I can only bend my knee so far, so I walk in an awkward bend, swing, plant, wobble, repeat motion. I look very graceful, I'm sure. But I'm walking! :) It's kind of frustrating that he wants me to get strong so I can walk unaided just so he can cut me open and put me back on crutches a week later. But I'm glad I will have a few days crutch free-my armpits will be very happy. :)

My roommates and friends have been totally awesome. They have given me rides EVERYwhere and have patiently spent hours in boring waiting rooms. They have brought me ice cream and Reese's and have just been awesome! I am so grateful to all of them for helping me out so much! And for helping me do fun things like longboarding and racing around grocery stores. :)

I have had some hard moments. Like when I realized I wouldn't be able to go on the epic St. George trip Johanna and I have been trying to make happen all semester. And when I get out of bed and that first step reminds me that walking isn't so easy anymore. But then I eat a brownie for breakfast or sit out in the sunshine and remember that life is awesome! I am so incredibly blessed! Life is so good folks. :)

"Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out!" -President Hinckley










1 comment:

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips