Monday, October 1, 2012

I love BYU!

Wanna know a really good reason why I love BYU?
Because there are tons of incredibly nice people here.
And I have three stories to prove it. 

Story Number 1:

So there I was, on my way back from my climbing class. (Yes, I'm in a climbing class. Way sweet.) A guy from my class had given my a ride back to campus, which also goes along with this kind person theme. Anyways, I was struggling to get my bike out of the bike rack. There were two bikes on either side of mine, and my pedals and handles had become firmly stuck in the tires of the neighboring bikes. Not very nice neighbors! Some guy saw me struggling, and ran up to help. He rescued my bike, and made fun of the lame road bikes that had trapped my beautiful red Giant bike. Then he wished me well and was on his way! Totally made my day. :)

Story Number 2:

I work at the gym at BYU, and I on my way into work. It had been a super rough morning, and I was running really late. I had burned my breakfast (which was just scrambled eggs, don't know how you burn those. Haha.). And I forgot I had left my bike at work on Saturday, so my form of transportation was currently where I needed to transport to. Because of the breakfast fiasco, I was already running late when I realized I would have to longboard to work instead of ride my bike. Which is so much more work, especially with a huge backpack! I struggled all the way to campus, but finally made it. I was super sweaty and frustrated and angry and thought I was going to have a terrible day. But! There was a girl sitting right outside the gym, working on her homework. She just looked up at me, smiled, and said "Good morning! I hope you have a great day." And my mood was suddenly so much better, and she turned an awful day into a great day. Just by saying hello!

Story Number 3:

This is my favorite of the three stories. Again, I was at work at the gym, and I was just doing my thing. A girl walked in wearing jeans, which is a no no in the gym. I was about to get after her, when she walked up and handed me a smoothie. From Jamba Juice! And just said, "I thought maybe you could use some breakfast. Happy Monday, hope you are having a wonderful day!" She said to pay it forward, which I am totally going to do. Because she absolutely made my entire week! What an incredibly nice thing to do for some complete stranger. Not to mention that she got me a super yummy smoothie, and gave it to me on one of the few days I didn't eat breakfast. What a great person. :)

It just makes me so happy!

I hope these stories made you happy like they make me happy! And I hope they will encourage you to do something nice for someone else too. Even just smiling at someone can totally turn their day around. You never know how their day is going, and how much they may need that smile. One of my favorite quotes is, "Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips