Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Classic Hannah Moment.

Last night, I started writing a post about how much running I was doing and how good it was feeling. I ran a 9:08 mile! And ran a whole 13 minutes a few nights before that. Woot! I got new running shoes from my
Cool new shoes!
dad, and awesome new running socks from my grandma. My family spoils me for sure! :) I was right on track for my challenge, and my legs weren't even hurting me all that much. I was feeling great!

Then I woke up this morning and got out of bed. I sleep on the top bunk, and if you know me at all you already know where this is going. I usually just hop out of bed, but I tried to climb down a little this morning. And then ended up in a heap of moaning Hannah. Somehow, in the process of getting out of bed, I jacked up my ankle. SO. BAD. By getting out of bed! I'm such a klutz. :)

My lovely roommate woke up because of my cry of pain and then went into doctor mode. She got me onto the couch, and I started throwing up because walking had hurt so bad. I was kinda panicking at this point. I called my mom, and she told me to go to the doctor just in case it was broken. My parents are both athletic trainers and physical therapists who could have figured this out without going to the ER. But, they live kinda far away. Love them both!

Artsy picture of my crutches :)
So I went to the ER! My fabulous brother borrowed his roommates care and took me. The doctors all made fun of me because I was a 19 year old that was in the ER because I fell out of bed. Haha. Quite embarrassing, yet super funny. I didn't actually break my ankle, (Phew!!) but I twisted it way way bad. They gave me a super fancy brace and crutches, for which I'm grateful. The crutches help me not look so retarded when I walk. :)

Happy things from this special moment of mine:

1. Spending the morning with my brother! At the ER. :) We got to go out to lunch afterwards too. I love my big brother, and I'm so glad he was willing to help me out today!

2. Two fine looking men helped me as I struggled to get home. Thanks to my new friends Mark and Spencer! Mark helped me get down the huge sophomore staircase, and Spencer gave me a ride in his sweet truck the last few blocks. People at BYU are so nice!

3. This sure made my day more exciting! Wednesdays are my least favorite day of the week, but instead of having boring classes all day, I got to hang out with my brother and roommate, talk to my mom and my friend Kerri! Miss and love her to pieces. :)

I'm sure I will be back and running in a couple weeks, so have no fear! I shall {hopefully} still conquer my 5K next month. :) I just get to take some time off now!

Also, anyone have suggestions for a better story? Falling out of bed... Kinda embarrassing. :)

1 comment:

  1. I like your falling out of bed story. While I was at BYU I was getting ready for family home evening with the bishopric one night and I missed a stair going down and tumbled from the top to the bottom, doing summersaults and busting my glasses into my face in ways they should not go. Now, if you know me... you will know I NEVER fall down stairs, but I ALWAYS trip up them. Good luck with the recovery Hannah!

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips