Thursday, September 27, 2012

Next Semester


I may be going to Europe next semester. Maybe. One of my best friends, Jackie, and I are plotting some grand adventures. We want to go to Greece, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, England… Because we can!

Our current idea. Any thoughts?
And why not go? This will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I don’t want to pass it up to stay in Provo and study textbooks. Also, I’m not in my program yet which will make next semester useless anyways. (Because I won’t be able to take any more major classes until I’m in the elementary ed program, which will take a semester to be accepted. If that makes sense) We will learn so much and have so much fun at the same time! And potentially do some sick climbing. Whaaaattt!! J

But, the thought of leaving Provo does make me sad. If you can believe that! Mostly the thought of leaving my roommates makes me hesitate. I love them, they are the best! My roommate and I have so much fun just hanging out in our apartment, talking about boys (or the lack thereof), and eating ice cream (which doesn’t help with the lack of boys J) I would freaking miss my roommate Johanna way a lot. Christmas break would roll around and I would be moving out, not just packing up my duffel bag for a fun little visit home. Scary! 

Yes, this trippy trip would cost us quite a large sum of money. Which would be totally worth it, I think. We will have to work super hard this summer to have enough money to pay for school next fall though. But we shall return! We have taken an oath that we will return to BYU post-adventuring. We swear we will still graduate, we just want to have some epic adventures. This is my darling mother’s greatest concern, so I had to add a disclaimer. J

Do you think I should go? Do you think Jackie and I should actually take a semester off to travel the world?  We can totally make it happen, we just have to decide if we want to actually do it. To travel or not to travel, that is the question! 

1 comment:

  1. Are you really sure you want to hear what your dear old dad thinks about this idea?

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips