Thursday, May 24, 2012

First is the Worst! ...hopefully at least. :)



Hello to whoever is brave enough to read this! I'm Hannah! :) I have to learn how to blog for my major, elementary ed. Who knows quite why, but I think the best way to learn is just to blog. So, here I am. :) I have no idea what else to say. Hmm. I named my blog "Smile While It Rains" because I believe in being happy! Having a positive attitude can make anything better. I am kinda naively optimistic sometimes. I will create a silly explanation for an unfortunate situation. For example, we discovered a cute little nest with four robin eggs in our front yard. We kept an eye on them, and then a couple days later my dad said they were gone. He said a fox or big bird must have gotten to them. I am still sure that they just hatched and took their shells with them. :) My all time favorite scripture is Doctrine and Covenants 123:17. "Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully  do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." I love this scripture! To me, this means that we will be given trials, but how we deal with our trials is up to us. We can complain, which can make the trial seem harder than it may be. Or, we can go through the hard times with a smile on our face while whistling a happy song! Doing this makes the hard times I go through seem a little more bearable. Or even a lot more bearable! It is hard to be happy sometimes, but you gotta fake it until you make it! :) Anyways, welcome to my blog I guess! I doubt I will update it much, seeing as how my life is incredibly unphotogenic. :) Here is a happy picture though. It's the newly-hatched-yet-flew-away-already bird's nest. :)


Bird's nest!



4 comments:

  1. I'm a hardcore blogger. I'm glad you've joined cyberspace! I can't wait to hear what you have to say, 'cause I'm definitely a glass-half-empty girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start Hannah-girl! I love your smile and loved reading your first blog entry. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that scripture. I think you will enjoy blogging. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, you have to keep blogging! I think it becomes addicting after a while, plus I want to hear about what's going on in your life. :)

    Thanks for an uplifting post! It made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips